Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59400
View in linear mode

Subject: "***Speedlight adapter / elinchrom?!*** do they exist?" Previous topic | Next topic
guyparker Registered since 21st Dec 2005Wed 26-Sep-12 01:10 PM
953 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"***Speedlight adapter / elinchrom?!*** do they exist?"

Rugby, GB

I'm after a bracket/speedlight adapter I can use with my Nikon speedlights and directly mount elinchrom fit softboxes to. Does anyone know of anything that I can buy in the UK that suits my needs?

I can find lots of S-fit (bowens) speedlight brackets such as those given below, but nothing for Elinchrom. Of course I could buy one of these and then also buy a S-fit to Elinchrom ring but I don't want to add adpater to adapter etc. I want to keep it simple and have less to carry etc.

http://www.calumetphoto.co.uk/eng/product/calumet_bowens_s_type_speedlight_adapter/mf6718

http://www.bessel.co.uk/info/Speedlite%20S-Fit%20Adapter%20Bracket.html

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

guyparker Registered since 21st Dec 2005Fri 28-Sep-12 08:28 PM
953 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: ***Speedlight adapter / elinchrom?!*** do they exist?"
In response to Reply # 0

Rugby, GB

Nothing?!

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Sat 29-Sep-12 01:27 AM
526 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: ***Speedlight adapter / elinchrom?!*** do they exist?"
In response to Reply # 1
Sat 29-Sep-12 01:28 AM by OnTERRYo

Hamilton, CA

Hi Guy.

I Googled and found this.

http://www.google.ca/url?sa=t&rct=j&q=calumet%20bowens%20s-type%20speedlight%20adapter&source=web&cd=5&cad=rja&sqi=2&ved=0CDYQFjAE&url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.smick.co.uk%2Fsonline%2Fstudio-accesssories%2Fvarious%2Fcat_47.html&ei=v01mUKG0GOK-yQHcu4CIBw&usg=AFQjCNE_YIjQyj3Ts44kX4nM5iknNVcpsw

About half way down the first page.
But maybe you have already seen this.

Just trying to help.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

guyparker Registered since 21st Dec 2005Sun 30-Sep-12 05:11 PM
#3. "RE: ***Speedlight adapter / elinchrom?!*** do they exist?"
In response to Reply # 2

Rugby, GB

Thanks for your reply, but that is just an adapter that makes converts an s-fit adapter to elinchrom as per first link I included in my original posting. I'm after a speed light adapter that is already made for elinchrom fit products - i.e think of a lastolite strobo bracket but that fits elinchrom.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59400 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.