nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Nikon SB-980 Radio trigger flash heads... anyone else heard this rumour?

hithere

Melbourne, AU
147 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
hithere Registered since 07th Sep 2006
Tue 18-Sep-12 01:00 AM

Hi,

I have recently been investigating Radio Popper PX and Pocket Wizard TT1, AC3 & TT5 to use instead of Nikon's Creative Lighting System (CLS) outdoors. When I was told by another photographer (who may or may not be testing equipment for Nikon) said that early next year, Nikon 'may' release SB-980 with RADIO trigger built in. IF this is true, that and a revised SU-800 (or similar) will make Radio Popper and Pocket Wiz obsolete for Speedlite users. It does make sense that Nikon does this as Canon shooters are loving their 600EX-RT.

As you can imagine, I asked several follow up questions to that photographer but no further answers were given.

So... since there are so many of us here with great interest in Nikon products, I am wondering if anyone else have heard anything like this OR have I been told a 'story'?

Paul McLeod | BestPhotos.com.au
Melbourne Photographer

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Nikon SB-980 Radio trigger flash heads... anyone el...

G