nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59346
View in linear mode

Subject: "No BF mode with D800 and SB900" Previous topic | Next topic
Randy1949   Hazel Green, US  Registered since 14th Jan 2009 Sun 16-Sep-12 12:25 PM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"No BF mode with D800 and SB900"

This question may have been discussed before and I appolige if it has. On my D800 with the SB900 I am not able to toggle as I am with my other Nikon camera to achieve the Balanced Fill (BF) mode on the SB900. I have searched the D800 manual and not found an answer. Is there a Menu setting I am missing??

Randy

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JonK Moderator Awarded for his high level skills and in-depth knowledge in various areas, such as Wildlife, Landscape and Stage Photography Donor Ribbon awarded for his generous support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014   New York, US  Nikonian since 03rd Jul 2004 Sun 16-Sep-12 02:59 PM
5432 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: No BF mode with D800 and SB900"
In response to Reply # 0

Balanced fill is obtained by using the TTL setting on the flash. Another setting, TTL-BL, provides a balanced effect outdoor in sunlight.

Jon Kandel
A New York City Nikonian and Team Member
Please visit my website and critique the images!

chiefmasterjedi Silver Member  US  Nikonian since 26th Feb 2009 Sun 16-Sep-12 04:51 PM
313 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: No BF mode with D800 and SB900"
In response to Reply # 0

Make sure the metering on your camera is set to either Matrix or Center weighted. If it's set to spot metering, then the BL will not be available on the speedlight.

Hope this helps.

Visit my web site.

Randy1949   Hazel Green, US  Registered since 14th Jan 2009 Sun 16-Sep-12 11:33 PM
41 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: No BF mode with D800 and SB900"
In response to Reply # 2

I remembered after you reminded me that I was in spot metering. Thanks for the reminder. It works fine after I changed it.

Randy

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59346 Previous topic | Next topic