Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59220
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon SB910 Zoom Error " Previous topic | Next topic
HobokenJoe Registered since 20th Jun 2012Sun 26-Aug-12 07:01 PM
39 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon SB910 Zoom Error "

Teaneck, US

I notice sometimes when turning on the SB910 on my D7000, that i get a zoom error noted on the flash's screen. It happened 2 times to me so far in several months. Anyone else notice this error with this model flash?

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

OnTERRYo Silver Member Nikonian since 25th Nov 2011Sun 26-Aug-12 10:53 PM
529 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon SB910 Zoom Error "
In response to Reply # 0
Sun 26-Aug-12 10:54 PM by OnTERRYo

Hamilton, CA

Hi Cosimo.

Sorry you are having trouble.
I also have a SB910 but on a D90.
For the times I have used it, I have not had that error.
There are many things that might cause this - batteries?
I checked your equipment list and did not see what lens you are using.
Is there a chance that, that is the error message it
gives if the subject is too far away for the flash to be effective?
If you are using it with a zoom, the max. is 200mm.
Others - chime in if I am incorrect.
Just my two cents.

Terry.

OnTERRYo

"The Nikon did the work; I just happened to be behind it at the time." TP

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Mon 27-Aug-12 01:23 AM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon SB910 Zoom Error "
In response to Reply # 0

Chicago, US

You may have to turn off the camera and flash and then turn on the camera and then the flash to get everything to reset and update.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59220 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.