nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #592
View in linear mode

Subject: "sb 28 and preflash problems w/strobe and studio flash" Previous topic | Next topic
robertadeniro Basic MemberSun 11-Nov-01 07:17 AM
613 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"sb 28 and preflash problems w/strobe and studio flash"

IL

hello to all,

i do wedding photography and had a question regarding this situation. i was wondering if there is a preflash with 3d balanced fill-flash and regular TTL?
i use 3 studio strobes aimed at the ceileng to get more background light and to be able to use closed down apertures .
I use wein slaves to fire them off. i use REAR sync ALWAYS (for insurance so that the studio flashes have recharged somewhat) as i'm worried these SB modes fire my studio flashes off before the shutter opens beacause of the pre-flash.
anybody have opinions or solutions. i'm all ears
thanks in advance

The body cannot live without the mind.

WAKE UP NIKON!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

RickD Basic MemberSun 11-Nov-01 07:47 PM
3939 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#1. "RE: sb 28 and preflash problems w/strobe and studio flash"
In response to Reply # 0

Western New York, US

I own the SB-28. Although, I don't use strobes, I know that the Pre-Flash on the SB-28 cannot be seen by the human eye. I have never read that this was a problem with any of the other Nikonians.This should not be a problem with the system you have.

Give this thread a little time and I'm sure you will get more answers on this subject.

I have taken group photo's with my camera timer and I had to get into the picture, I specifically looked to see if I could notice any Pre-flash, I did not see it.

Later,
Rick D

Yes, we have MEMBERS GALLERIES. Why not upload a few of your own photos!

Got a personal website? Click here to join the Nikonians Webring.

More about me and the team on the Team page

Later,
Rick D. Õ¿Õ

AlanC Basic MemberWed 14-Nov-01 03:45 PM
2700 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: sb 28 and preflash problems w/strobe and studio flash"
In response to Reply # 0

UK

The 3D / Balanced Fill Flash modes do use monitor preflash, but it gets turned off if you tilt or rotate the flash head or if you use rear curtain sync - so you're OK!

TTL Auto Flash mode doesn't use the preflash.

Alan.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #592 Previous topic | Next topic