Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59178
View in linear mode

Subject: "Nikon SB-910 Flash, pros/cons" Previous topic | Next topic
Isaac Saunders Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Aug 2012Tue 21-Aug-12 04:29 PM
22 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Nikon SB-910 Flash, pros/cons"

Orrtanna, US

I am looking at possibly buying an SB-910 for use both on camera and off fired by a remote. I was wondering if anyone has any problems or issues with theirs? If I'd use it remotely triggered, can I use it as the commander to fire my SB-600 on a boom behind my subject? Thanks for all the helpful information!

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

laddad Gold Member Nikonian since 14th Nov 2005Wed 22-Aug-12 01:55 AM
1189 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Nikon SB-910 Flash, pros/cons"
In response to Reply # 0

Kinston, NC, US

I have a SB-900 (very similar to the SB-910) and I have used it in command mode to fire my SB-600 and my SB-800 flashes in remote modes. I own a D300 and a D800. Both of these have built-in flashes with command mode and I prefer to let the camera be the commander with all of the flashes being slaves. Your desired need should work easily.

More fun has been my recent ebay purchases of used PocketWizzards (MiniTT1 and FlexTT5) for use with the flashes. No more line-of-sight set-ups!

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Wed 22-Aug-12 04:54 AM
26192 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Nikon SB-910 Flash, pros/cons"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Isaac,

The only way to use an SB-910 as a remote Commander is to have it attached to the cameras hotshoe via an SC-28, SC-29, or SC-17 TTL extension cord.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #59178 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.