Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #58712
View in linear mode

Subject: "Flash bracket" Previous topic | Next topic
Zareeba Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2008Sat 16-Jun-12 07:18 PM
129 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Flash bracket"

Stockton-on-Tees, GB

I'm after a flash bracket for use with my D700 and D300 - I have 2 speedlights, the SB900 and SB800. Does anyone have a particular bracket to recommend, bearing in mind that it must be available in the UK (as that's where I live)?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Flash bracket
avm247 Moderator
17th Jun 2012
MEMcD Moderator
17th Jun 2012
Zareeba Gold Member
17th Jun 2012
MEMcD Moderator
17th Jun 2012
factotum
17th Jun 2012
KazeyBunch
07th Jul 2012
KazeyBunch
07th Jul 2012

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberSun 17-Jun-12 04:09 AM
18153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Flash bracket"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

With my cameras, I have the accessory grips installed. I use an Custom Brackets CB Junior.

See this thread:
http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=set_threaded_mode&forum=154&topic_id=55784&prev_page=show_topic&gid=55784#55792

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 17-Jun-12 10:20 AM
24977 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Flash bracket"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Lesley,

The best Flash Bracket that I have found is the RRS Wedding Pro Flash Bracket. They are not inexpensive and require an L-Bracket to mount on the camera which is a significant additional cost. They are extremely strong and fold small enough to fit in your pocket. Really Right Stuff is based in California USA but sell world wide.
I also have a Stroboframe Pro-T that works well on Pro Bodies or the D300 / D700 w/MB-D10. The Press-T would be a better fit if you are not using an MB-D10. The issue with the Stroboframe brackets is that they are large and do not fold making them difficult to pack.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

Zareeba Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Apr 2008Sun 17-Jun-12 10:42 AM
129 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Flash bracket"
In response to Reply # 2

Stockton-on-Tees, GB

Thanks, Anthony and Marty - I now have some idea of what I'm looking at. I use the MB-10 grip with the D700 so would need a bracket that would accommodate that. Off to find stockists in the UK!

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Sun 17-Jun-12 11:37 AM
24977 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Flash bracket"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Hi Lesley,

Here is the RRS Wedding Pro Flash Bracket .
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

factotum Registered since 17th Jun 2007Sun 17-Jun-12 05:18 PM
339 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Flash bracket"
In response to Reply # 4

US

Stroboframe Quick Flip. $35 bucks.

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/52728-REG/Stroboframe_310_635_Quick_Flip_350_Bracket.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

"Beauty is in the eye of the beholder and it may be necessary from time to time to give a stupid or misinformed beholder a black eye."
Miss Piggy

KazeyBunch Registered since 03rd Jan 2012Sat 07-Jul-12 06:07 AM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Flash bracket"
In response to Reply # 5

Fort Worth, US

+1 on the Stroboframe Quick Flip. I use a TTL cord or a cheap radio. Simple, cheap, effective.

www.kazeybunch.com

“You can miss a lot of moments with your head stuck in your LCD.” - Joe McNally

KazeyBunch Registered since 03rd Jan 2012Sat 07-Jul-12 06:09 AM
40 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Flash bracket"
In response to Reply # 6

Fort Worth, US

PS - I mount mine backwards so the flash is above the camera in portrait orientation. I.e., the logo is facing me.

www.kazeybunch.com

“You can miss a lot of moments with your head stuck in your LCD.” - Joe McNally

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #58712 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.