nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
JM

US
2468 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
JM Registered since 01st Mar 2007
Mon 25-Sep-00 01:24 AM

Just thought I'd see if there is an interest in a thread on off-brand flash stuff. As a user of the N70 I have a fairly powerful Nikon Speedlight but since I also use an F I had to add an external flash and didn't need to concern myself with TTL if I didn't care too.
The Vivitar 283 popped up in a excursion thru a thrift store in Chicago and with some net'searchin' I was impressed by its GN and model durability. Since acquiring this flash I have found it to be an acquired skill to use this 'auto' style flash
but the power is startling and I have been having a blast playing with images lit by slave tripping of the 283 from my N70.
I know some folk are Metz fanatics due to their state of the art abilities but the retro-geeks like myself gush with the praises of the old work horses like the old Vivitars and others that "just do it" and have been for ...decades, an attribute a Nikon owner should respect.
Like I said just seeing if I could find a FLASHpoint amongst NIKONians.
Jeff Markus

JM
The Chicagoan

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Flash Systems

G