nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #567
View in linear mode

Subject: "metz flash compatability" Previous topic | Next topic
zach7 Basic MemberSun 20-May-01 05:57 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"metz flash compatability"

Hi guys. I'm new to photography, and just bought a F80 last week. I also bought a Metz mecablitz 40 AF4-N flash. I realized that the illunator on the flash is not lighted up. I have tried it in extreme low light conditions but no use. Could it be that nikon bodies are not totally compatible with metz flashes? The flash is working fine in all other ways. I'm not in the country that i bought i now...and wont' be back so soon...wat should i do?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: metz flash compatability
pjmckenna
21st May 2001
pjmckenna
30th May 2001
khairul
26th Sep 2001
pjmckenna
05th Nov 2001
gregorpi
07th Nov 2001

pjmckenna Basic MemberMon 21-May-01 10:27 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: metz flash compatability"
In response to Reply # 0

>Hi guys. I'm new to photography,
>and just bought a F80
>last week. I also bought
>a Metz mecablitz 40 AF4-N
>flash. I realized that the
>illunator on the flash is
>not lighted up. I have
>tried it in extreme low
>light conditions but no use.
>Could it be that nikon
>bodies are not totally compatible
>with metz flashes? The flash
>is working fine in all
>other ways. I'm not in
>the country that i bought
>i now...and wont' be back
>so soon...wat should i do?
>

Zach,
 I bought a (Jessops 300AFNIK) flash for use with my F60. Like your Metz it has a AF-assist light. It worked fine on my F60 but my F80 and a shop's F65 didn't cause the flash's illuminator to, eh, illuminate, the camera body light lit up instead.
 Perhaps the flash isn't broken, just that Nikon changed something in the newer cameras.
-P.J.

pjmckenna Basic MemberWed 30-May-01 10:41 AM
17 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: metz flash compatability"
In response to Reply # 0

>Hi guys. I'm new to photography,
>and just bought a F80
>last week. I also bought
>a Metz mecablitz 40 AF4-N
>flash. I realized that the
>illunator on the flash is
>not lighted up. I have
>tried it in extreme low
>light conditions but no use.
>Could it be that nikon
>bodies are not totally compatible
>with metz flashes? The flash
>is working fine in all
>other ways. I'm not in
>the country that i bought
>i now...and wont' be back
>so soon...wat should i do?
>

Zach,
 Take a look at the www.Metz.de site. The 40-AF4-N description includes the following text

This full-dedicated unit is available alternately for Canon, Minolta or Nikon (not for F70, F5 und F80, suitable for these models:
32 MZ-3 and 54 MZ-3) AF SLR cameras.

-P.J.

khairul Basic MemberWed 26-Sep-01 10:07 AM
18 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: metz flash compatability"
In response to Reply # 0

Has anyone used the Metz 54MZ3 with SCA3402? The unit looks quite impressive in built and power.
I would like to know of any incompatibility problems, in particular with N90S.

pjmckenna Basic MemberMon 05-Nov-01 05:16 PM
#4. "RE: metz flash compatability"
In response to Reply # 3

Khairul,
 I emailed Metz on the topic of F80 compatibility with Metz flashes and they said that the 54MZ5 and SCA3402 worked fine with the F80.
-P.J.

gregorpi Basic MemberWed 07-Nov-01 02:06 PM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: metz flash compatability"
In response to Reply # 3

SI

I'm not sure if that helps, but I use METZ 40 MZ-3i on Nikon F90x (N90s). It is 100% compatible.

For more info I suggest that you visit their site here:
http://www.metz.de/1_metz_2000/m_pages_english/main_index_e.php3?link=4&sub=1&linkname=mecablitz

Check also their compatibility charts...

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #567 Previous topic | Next topic