nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #56440
View in linear mode

Subject: "YONGNUO SF-17(6AA) External Flash Battery Pack" Previous topic | Next topic
Kadmos Silver Member  Perth, AU  Nikonian since 19th Mar 2006 Sat 17-Dec-11 12:45 AM
1242 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"YONGNUO SF-17(6AA) External Flash Battery Pack"
Sat 17-Dec-11 12:46 AM by Kadmos

I am tempted to buy the above which is on sale on eBay for around $33. Does anybody have any experience with it on a D300?

John
Perth Nikonian
Western Australia

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Kadmos Silver Member  Perth, AU  Nikonian since 19th Mar 2006 Wed 21-Dec-11 10:52 AM
1242 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: YONGNUO SF-17(6AA) External Flash Battery Pack"
In response to Reply # 0

Should I presume from the lack of response that nobody knows anything about such a pack?

John
Perth Nikonian
Western Australia

sl33py Silver Member  Seattle, US  Nikonian since 24th Apr 2008 Wed 18-Jan-12 08:02 PM
340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: YONGNUO SF-17(6AA) External Flash Battery Pack"
In response to Reply # 1

>Should I presume from the lack of response that nobody knows
>anything about such a pack?
>
>John
>Perth Nikonian
>Western Australia

John - i've thought about getting one myself.

Did some digging online and found both positive and negative posts.

The largest issue is see is that this pack specifically does not appear to work with CLS in "remote" mode. SU-4 works, but definitely a detractor.

A great discussion on DPreview:
http://forums.dpreview.com/forums/readflat.asp?forum=1025&message=34703638&changemode=1

For the price, even knowing CLS/remote won't work it's still pretty tempting.

HTH and GL!

Rob

Kadmos Silver Member  Perth, AU  Nikonian since 19th Mar 2006 Thu 19-Jan-12 05:23 AM
#3. "RE: YONGNUO SF-17(6AA) External Flash Battery Pack"
In response to Reply # 2

Tks Rob, I will resurrect my analysis and think again about buying one.

John
Perth Nikonian
Western Australia

sl33py Silver Member  Seattle, US  Nikonian since 24th Apr 2008 Thu 19-Jan-12 06:10 AM
340 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: YONGNUO SF-17(6AA) External Flash Battery Pack"
In response to Reply # 3

>Tks Rob, I will resurrect my analysis and think again about
>buying one.
>
>John
>Perth Nikonian
>Western Australia

happy to help. Infrequent i can (mostly lurk and absorb knowledge from others).

Looking at options, i'd lean towards a slightly more $ option from Pixel. I've had a few wireless trigger releases from them with good luck so far. And 8 vs 6 AA's for a bit more voltage.

But in the US look to be close to 1.5 or 2x the cost.

let us know what you get and your feedback on how they work for you!

Rob

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #56440 Previous topic | Next topic