Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #55297
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB-900 Won't Unlock from D300" Previous topic | Next topic
harleygnuya Silver Member Nikonian since 11th Aug 2008Sat 17-Sep-11 02:00 PM
15 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
"SB-900 Won't Unlock from D300"

Aurora, US

HELP! My SB-900 is stuck on my D300 and I can't remove it. It's acting like it won't unlock.

Any ideas how I can remove it?

Thanks!

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

cliddell Silver Member Nikonian since 10th Oct 2006Sun 18-Sep-11 11:01 AM
999 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB-900 Won't Unlock from D300"
In response to Reply # 0

Pietermaritzburg, ZA

Try gently turning the lock lever very slightly beyond its normal unlock position and simultaniously work the flash off the camera shoe.

This additional turning will move the locking pin further up by about 1/3 of a mm and should give you just enough to release the flash.

Hope that helps.

Regards,
Clive Liddell
Pietermaritzburg
South Africa

pompeio Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Jan 2008Wed 21-Sep-11 06:13 PM
235 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB-900 Won't Unlock from D300"
In response to Reply # 0

Lutz, US

I am unsure if the following suggestion will help but I had the opposite problem. The SB-900 fell out of the D300's hotshoe although it was in the locked position. I put the 900 back into the hotshoe and locked it and again it would slide back out. I took a pair of long nose pliers and ever so slightly bent the metal prongs down on the hotshoe. It worked and now the SB-900 properly locks/unlocks. Perhaps you can pry the prongs up a bit to let the 900 slide back out?

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #55297 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.