Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #552
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB28D" Previous topic | Next topic
YogiBear Basic MemberMon 05-Nov-01 06:41 PM
184 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB28D"

Redmond, US

I recently saw an odd Nikon flash that I was wondering if anyone has experience with. It is the SB28D - Not the SB28/SB28DX - The box says that it is made for a Kodak DCS 600 Series digital camera based on the Nikon F5 body. Anyone knows what the 'D' does? Does it also fire a preflash like that of the DX? can it be used in place of an DX for the Nikon D1 family??

-Thanks

Al, a.k.a. Yogi Bear

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberMon 05-Nov-01 07:31 PM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB28D"
In response to Reply # 0

Salt Lake City, US

I think this flash is specifically designed for Kodak digital SLR cameras. It also works with some other DCS models according to the specs, including the 620 and 660. I don't know what cross-compatibility there would be with the D1 series, but I doubt the "D" flash would work as well in TTL mode, otherwise why would Nikon make yet another variant of the flash? Apparently the new DCS 760 works with both the D and DX variants.

BJ

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #552 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.