Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #5199
View in linear mode

Subject: "Looking for a speedlight..." Previous topic | Next topic
abe Silver Member Charter MemberSat 12-Jul-03 03:47 PM
614 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Looking for a speedlight..."

Munich, DE

Thought I´d ask for your expertise, folks.
Is there a speedlight that gives me FP synchronisation with my F100 while having a normal/rear sync switch for my F4?
Thanks for your help.

Sharpness is a bourgeois concept. Henri Cartier-Bresson

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSat 12-Jul-03 08:12 PM
34294 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Looking for a speedlight..."
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

Yes, the SB-25 and the SB-26.

My old reliable SB-25 does allow for rear/normal sync with the F4 at the sliding of a switch on to flash. And also FP with my F100.

What one needs to do for FP with these two is:
1.- Mount the speedlight on the camera.
2.- Turn both the camera and the speedlight on.
3.- Slide the upper right switch on the SB-25 to M (should show on the LCD)
4.- Slide the upper left switch to Normal
5.- Confirm ISO speed and zoom head position according to lens (do not use a wide panel)
6.- Press M in the rear of the flash until a 1 or a 2 appear.
7.- Choose a speed from 1/250 to 1/4000 on the F100
8.- Set aperture for the lens, in the camera
9.- Focus on your subject/compose/confirm aperture
10.- Shoot! (Unless you are using a non-D lens; if this is the case, you will have to set the "aperture value" manually in the back LCD panel)

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

abe Silver Member Charter MemberSat 12-Jul-03 08:18 PM
614 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Looking for a speedlight..."
In response to Reply # 1

Munich, DE

Thanks a lot, JRP!
Somehow I just knew you´d know the answer and that you´d be the one to jump into the breach.

Sharpness is a bourgeois concept. Henri Cartier-Bresson

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #5199 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.