Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #503
View in linear mode

Subject: "sb-27 help" Previous topic | Next topic
phyllopod Basic MemberSun 28-Oct-01 03:50 PM
185 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"sb-27 help"

Hi all,

I want to buy a flash for a N90 body, trying to choose between an sb 50dx and sb-27.

I'm presently leaning towards the latter, since the guide number is higher, and it seems to support the camera functions completely. (Although the way nikon literature is written, it's not so easy to tell.)

On the other hand, the SB 50 can be pointed up, and is a bit smaller and lighter.

Also the bounce/diffuser card on the sb-27 looks like it might break quite easily. But the people in the camera store say they've had no problems with it, and i have a two year warranty in any case.

Any input would be welcome.I'd particularly like to hear from people who have used the sb-27 for a while.

thanks!

-- Nike

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

MoX Basic MemberThu 01-Nov-01 06:40 PM
153 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: sb-27 help"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

I'd buy neither of them if I were you.

The sb-27 can't rotate on it's axis (horizontally and vertically)
and the sb-50dx doesn't have as much flash output potential as the sb-27.

I'd save up and buy the sb-28 if I were you.
It satisfies all situations.

-Michael
------------------------------
http://www.photo.net/photodb/presentation?presentation_id=144194

Alex Basic MemberMon 05-Nov-01 05:50 AM
46 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: sb-27 help"
In response to Reply # 0

The SB27 is a better gun, but nowhere near as good as the SB28. If you can't afford a new one, go second hand or contemplate a used SB25. I used one of these with my F90X for a while and it is an excellent gun.
JMHO
Alex
Adopt the pace of nature, her secret is patience

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #503 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.