nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and African

007GB

Chicago, US
33 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
007GB Gold Member Nikonian since 08th Jul 2007
Thu 20-May-10 04:57 PM

Hello,

I am going to be taking a portrait of my best friend, his wife (both pasty white) and their newly adopted African 3 year old son (jet black). I want to make sure everyone is exposed well.

I have an sb800 and a sb600. I'm thinking of placing sb800 and 600 with domes on opposte sides of the camera. The camera would act as master. The background will more than likely be the fireplace, although Ill be looking for a background alternative.

Can I get away with two lights? I might rent an sb600 or 800 to light background or backlight people.I might rent umbrellas for the two (2) speed lights. I prefer not to spend money on rental.

How do I make sure the mom and dad aren't overexposed and the son is not underexposed? Does this sound like a good approach? Any ideas are appreciated.

Derrick

Never let a day go by without spending time with your D700.

http://images.nikonians.org/galleries/showgallery.php/cat/500/ppuser/144094|My Nikonians Gallery>

Derrick

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and A... yert3
21st May 2010
Reply message RE: Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and A... quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
21st May 2010
Reply message RE: Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and A... 007GB Gold Member
23rd May 2010
Reply message RE: Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and A... beemerman2k Silver Member
27th May 2010
     Reply message RE: Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and A... quenton8 Silver Member Awarded for bringing his experience to the Nikonians community helping members with printing and the use of post-processing software from the perspective of an IT professional. Ribbon awarded for his enthusiastic and repeated support to the Fundraising Campaign 2014
27th May 2010
          Reply message RE: Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and A... beemerman2k Silver Member
27th May 2010
27th May 2010
27th May 2010
27th May 2010
               Reply message RE: Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and A... Beemer2 Silver Member
05th Jun 2010
Reply message RE: Now camera settings Len Shepherd Gold Member
27th May 2010
Reply message RE: Now camera settings bluefeather505
23rd Sep 2013
     Reply message RE: Now camera settings luckyphoto Gold Member
24th Sep 2013
          Reply message RE: Now camera settings William Rounds Gold Member
24th Sep 2013
Reply message RE: Speedlight layout for portrait of Caucassians and A... bens0472
24th Sep 2013

G