Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #476
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB22" Previous topic | Next topic
paulojolkesky Basic MemberMon 22-Oct-01 09:56 AM
42 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB22"

BR

Hi folks,

Here I am again with some doubts prior to buy a speedlight...
Do you think the SB22 is a good choice for the FM3A? It is
small, light, not so expensive, has a certain bounce head... for
me it is OK, but willit be compatible with the FM3A functions?
In the FM manual they recommend the SB27 or 28, but I will not use half of the SB28 functions, and the SB27 is kind of a strange shape and has not a bounce head...

What do you think about it?

Thanks

PAJ
brazilian adventurer

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jnscbl Basic MemberMon 22-Oct-01 03:20 PM
3601 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB22"
In response to Reply # 0

US

It's a good basic TTL flash, but I think it's a little overpriced. For your needs, it should be plenty of power, and its compact, boxey shape should be a real advantage. ---scott

http://www.photo.net/photodb/folder?folder_id=149771

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

JM Registered since 02nd Mar 2007Mon 22-Oct-01 05:39 PM
2468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB22"
In response to Reply # 0

US

If you don't plan on using the more exotic functions of the Nikon Speedlight line and cost is a factor there are several manufacturers out there who make TTL flashes. The prices are lower and admittedly so are construction and compatability but then ya' got cash left over to get more glass!!!
Check out the Sunpack, Vivitar and Metz lines for their specs to your needs.
Nikon is a better match but flashes supply light and others do that as well.
Jeff Markus

JM
The Chicagoan

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #476 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.