nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Urgent help needed w/ off camera flash using CLS: SB-900 and D700

ylwdog

US
146 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
ylwdog Registered since 08th Jun 2009
Sat 16-Jan-10 11:54 AM | edited Sat 16-Jan-10 12:46 PM by ylwdog

Hi guys,
I am shooting an event this weekend which started on Thursday, every day I run into a new situation/problem, different from the previous day and I do not have time to sit down and figure it out during the event.

Today is the last day and I need to make sure I get some shots, critical to the job. And I have to head out of here in less than an hour, so your guy's help will be so appreciated!

Edit: I think I may have severely misstated my issue: In retrospect I do not believe I was in commander/remote mode on day one, but rather I was using on camera flash w/ the SB-900. So please accept my apologies for this error. But question stands that while in remote mode if FP High Speed Sync can be used and if FV setting can be used on flash rather than in camera?

In commander mode on D700 using pop-up flash to trigger SB-900 two days ago the flash was in TTL/BAL/FP mode which was great. I could shoot rapid burst sequence shots w/ the flash at a high shutter speed, 1/500. Yesterday I could not use CH (continuous high) and I could not get the flash into FP mode. The only readout I could get was "Remote" which allowed me to change Group/Channel/Zoom. What did I change in the settings either on the camera or in the flash that will not allow me to alter the flash settings?
The other question is, can I change the FV on the flash, e.g. from 0 to +- .3,.7,1, etc... while in Remote mode. I can do it in the menu on camera, but this is extremely slow way to access this control.

Thanks,

Doug

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Urgent help needed w/ off camera flash using CLS: S...

G