Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #46526
View in linear mode

Subject: "Pocket Wizards or Cyber Commander/CyberSync?" Previous topic | Next topic
Airsport Registered since 13th Aug 2008Fri 15-Jan-10 12:20 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Pocket Wizards or Cyber Commander/CyberSync?"

Perry, US

Going to invest in a longer range remote system. Love the CLS but it has its limitations... I haven't seen anything about the pocket wizards having high speed sync. But the Cyber system is bragging about it.

Anyone with experience with this out there??

Thanks in advance.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Pocket Wizards or Cyber Commander/CyberSync?
gkaiseril Gold Member
15th Jan 2010
MEMcD Moderator
15th Jan 2010
dschiebel
15th Jan 2010
gkaiseril Gold Member
15th Jan 2010
Airsport
15th Jan 2010

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 15-Jan-10 02:05 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Pocket Wizards or Cyber Commander/CyberSync?"
In response to Reply # 0
Fri 15-Jan-10 02:08 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

PocketWizards is working on new products for Nikon that will integrate the Nikon Wireless CLS system with the current line of PocketWizard RF controllers. They are already shipping the Canon version and that version supports all Canon eTTL features including High Speed FP sync. PocketWizard is also coming out with a control unit that will integrate their current remotes with the Nikon iTTL CLS and Canon eTTL.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

MEMcD Moderator In depth knowledge in various areas Nikonian since 24th Dec 2007Fri 15-Jan-10 05:56 PM
25017 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Pocket Wizards or Cyber Commander/CyberSync?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Hi Scott,

The Paul Buff Cyber-Syncs do not have High Speed Sync or i-TTL flash capability. They will only sync at the cameras maximum sync speed or one step below in some cases. They are designed to trigger Strobes or Speedlights set in Manual flash mode only. The Cyber Commander will allow the User to adjust the settings of Paul Buff Flash Units remotely from the camera position.
The new Pocket Wizard system will provide full wireless i-TTL flash control including FP High Speed Sync mode and should have a Hyper-Sync capability as well.
Good Luck and Enjoy your Nikons!

Best Regards,
Marty

dschiebel Registered since 20th Nov 2006Fri 15-Jan-10 10:07 PM
13 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Pocket Wizards or Cyber Commander/CyberSync?"
In response to Reply # 0

butler, US

It is radiopoppers that a CSL compatable and claim high speed sync.

Dale

Dale S.
www.daleschiebelphotography.com

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Fri 15-Jan-10 11:10 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Pocket Wizards or Cyber Commander/CyberSync?"
In response to Reply # 3

Chicago, US

Only the JrX product. But the OP specifically asked about CyperSync and Pocketwizard.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

Airsport Registered since 13th Aug 2008Fri 15-Jan-10 11:36 PM
5 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Pocket Wizards or Cyber Commander/CyberSync?"
In response to Reply # 4

Perry, US

I'm interested in the best solution and am happy to look at other options.

Thanks for all the information so far!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #46526 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.