nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Off camera flash w/ N80

highnoon

Olympia, US
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
highnoon Basic Member
Tue 16-Oct-01 12:54 AM

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-01 AT 04:36 AM (GMT)

I hope to buy an SB-28 soon, to use as (mostly) as an off-camera flash. I'm not really interested in the SU-4, because it's expensive, and I still need to use the flash on my camera to trigger it. Unfortunately, the N80 doesn't have a PC terminal. So, a question;

I have seen the Nikon hot shoe -> pc terminal adapter, its cheap, and w/ a sync cord, seems to be the perfect answer. Does TTL work through the PC terminal? (It sure seems like it should) and if not, is there such thing as a sync cord w/ a male hot shoe on one end, and a female hotshoe on the other?

UPDATE: OK, I found the SC-17 (my hotshoe cord) which seems good, but kind of pricey at $55. I guess the PC adapter, and the sync cord would be about $40.. but hey, thats 3 rolls of provia! So, a simplified question, do you get TTL through a pc terminal adapter?

Thanks!

John

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Off camera flash w/ N80

G