nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Off camera flash w/ N80

highnoon

Olympia, US
57 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
highnoon Basic Member
Tue 16-Oct-01 12:54 AM

LAST EDITED ON Oct-16-01 AT 04:36 AM (GMT)

I hope to buy an SB-28 soon, to use as (mostly) as an off-camera flash. I'm not really interested in the SU-4, because it's expensive, and I still need to use the flash on my camera to trigger it. Unfortunately, the N80 doesn't have a PC terminal. So, a question;

I have seen the Nikon hot shoe -> pc terminal adapter, its cheap, and w/ a sync cord, seems to be the perfect answer. Does TTL work through the PC terminal? (It sure seems like it should) and if not, is there such thing as a sync cord w/ a male hot shoe on one end, and a female hotshoe on the other?

UPDATE: OK, I found the SC-17 (my hotshoe cord) which seems good, but kind of pricey at $55. I guess the PC adapter, and the sync cord would be about $40.. but hey, thats 3 rolls of provia! So, a simplified question, do you get TTL through a pc terminal adapter?

Thanks!

John

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Off camera flash w/ N80

G