Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #439
View in linear mode

Subject: "Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350" Previous topic | Next topic
dw Basic MemberWed 10-Oct-01 07:26 AM
61 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350"

Hong Kong,

Dear Fellow Nikonians,

After reading the experience shared, I decide to purchase a Strobofram Quick flip 350.

Does any one know the Camera shops in Scarborough area in Canada that carry this bracket.

Thank you very much for your assistance.

dw

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350
meerkat
10th Oct 2001
Newsphotog
11th Oct 2001
dw
12th Oct 2001
     Reply message RE: Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350 - an...
dw
02nd Nov 2001
          Reply message RE: Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350 - an...
jrp Administrator
03rd Nov 2001

meerkat Basic MemberWed 10-Oct-01 11:58 PM
331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350"
In response to Reply # 0

silly-can valley, US

Admittedly I have no experience with the quick-flip.

I read on a Nikon mail list, someone say when flip the flash it kind of risky game, if he buy a new bracket, he would have choose the camera-flip, just FYI

meerkat

Newsphotog Basic MemberThu 11-Oct-01 02:07 PM
2562 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350"
In response to Reply # 0

Toronto, CA

DW,

I only know of one reputable camera dealer in the Scarborough area, it's Merkle Camera. Try a search for them on Google, I'm sure you'll find it. Otherwise, I would suggest a trip downtown to Henry's or Downtown Camera or even Vistek, they'll be likely to have one.
Keep in mind that you'll also need the SC 17 off camera cord to hook your flash to when on the bracket.

John
Toronto, Canada
http://www.johnriddell.com

John
Toronto, Canada

www.sportsshooter.com/johnriddell
www.torontofirephotos.ca

dw Basic MemberFri 12-Oct-01 05:55 AM
61 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350"
In response to Reply # 2

Hong Kong,

Thank you John.

dw Basic MemberFri 02-Nov-01 05:21 AM
#4. "RE: Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350 - another question"
In response to Reply # 3

Hong Kong,

Hi Fellow Nikonians,

When I use the flash bracket, should I adjust the Flash angle as the speedlight is now farther away from my F100.

For example, when I use a 35mm lens, should I manually set SB-28 to 28mm or to tilt down the flash head angle to marco? Will the answer be different if I shoot a close object?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

dw

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSat 03-Nov-01 04:20 AM
34193 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Speedligth bracket - Strobofram Quick flip 350 - another question"
In response to Reply # 4

San Pedro Garza García, MX

If you check closely there are two "straight-forward" angles, one for up-close close-ups, one for objects ahead.
If for macro, make your "wide-angle diffuser" come in front of the speedlight lens to reduce the power somewhat.
The focal length on the SB-28 will change automatically depending on the lens used. No need to set it manually.
Have a great time
JRP (Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) My profile, My Gallery
Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians: A Brief Love Story
About us

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #439 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.