Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #42407
View in linear mode

Subject: "Gary Fong Diffuser" Previous topic | Next topic
Al in MD Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2009Sat 20-Jun-09 03:29 AM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Gary Fong Diffuser"

Sykesville, US

Has anyone tried Gary Fong's Whale-Tail "Reporter" model diffuser? If so, I'd like to hear your opinion. My Speedlight is a Nikon SB-900.

Thanks,

Al in MD

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberSat 20-Jun-09 04:55 AM
34477 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Gary Fong Diffuser"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

You may want to peek at this

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Jose Andres Silver Member Nikonian since 13th Mar 2003Tue 23-Jun-09 12:35 AM
822 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Gary Fong Diffuser"
In response to Reply # 0

Buenos Aires, AR

I have purchased both models: studio and the reporter and tried both.
They are wothwhile. THE studio is a bit bulkier so, it is more appropriate for indoors. They only drawback is that the flaps are rather flimsy, especially the silver one of the studio, so I think Gary Fong will have to re-study that design.
However, highly recommended.
Hope it helps

Jose, nikonian
from Santiago del Estero, Argentina
http://joseandresbasbus.zenfolio.com

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Al in MD Silver Member Nikonian since 21st Jan 2009Tue 23-Jun-09 04:06 AM
73 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Gary Fong Diffuser"
In response to Reply # 2

Sykesville, US

Thank you, Jose, for taking the time to answer my question. That's what I was looking for: the opinion of an actual user and the pros/cons of the thing.

Happy shooting,

Al in MD

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #42407 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.