Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

SB-900 and SB-600 as slaves, underexposed Images ??

Miami, US
52 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to send message via AOL IM
jdp1956 Registered since 04th Dec 2008
Fri 05-Jun-09 01:28 AM

Greetings to all,

The first 2 images I took were taken with a SB-600 0n the left side and a SB-900 on the right side. I was using my D300 at ISO 200 1/60th @ f 5.6 I was using both flashes in TTL mode and the master was my D300 set to commander mode with the built in flash set to -- with an IR shield. I tried different flash compensation settings and different aperture and shutter speeds but my results were mostly what you see in those 2 images. Could the sliding glass doors be causing this effect due to the light reflecting ? Also, When I placed both flashes directly vertical toward my white ceiling (Bounce), the images came out great. The 3rd image has that harsh shadow on the left. I had both lights at 45 deg to my model (Elmo) thinking that there wouldn't be no shadows, I guess I was wrong by what I see in my image. In this image the SB-900 is on the right side and the 600 is on the left side as you look at the image. Thanks to all for your help and tips in advance.

Click on image to view larger version

Attachment#1 (jpg file)
Attachment#2 (jpg file)
Attachment#3 (jpg file)

Visit my Nikonians gallery.