z1gary Crystal River, US Nikonian since 02nd Oct 2006
Fri 17-Apr-09 11:00 PM
"DIY softbox diffusin material"
I was looking for subject material and came accross some terminology and choices I am hoping someone can help with.
1) Grid cloth - seems to be like rip-stop nylon and what B&H sells for a DIY softboxes. yes?
2) but what is Light Silent Grid Cloth?
3) What is Butterfly/Overhead fabric?
4) What is single scrim vs double scrim?
5) Also some of this is advertised as stopping 1/4 f stop, some 1/2 and some 1 or 2 f stops...I am sure it varies alot but what does your average american softbox/umbrella stop? For instance a Wescott 46" umbrella used in shoot thru mode? 5a) how much light would a bed sheet block?
6) BH also sells Savage Diffusion Material in roll 92"x24ft for $58.50. Seems like a good deal to me. Comments?
7) How do you think the Savage material would compare to rip stop nylon?
8) Is there a better place to post these questions?