nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Print Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #40649
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cheap Alternative to RRS Wedding Pro Bracket WPF-1" Previous topic | Next topic
Ed Morris   US  Registered since 25th Mar 2009 Fri 27-Mar-09 04:00 PM
55 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Cheap Alternative to RRS Wedding Pro Bracket WPF-1"
Fri 27-Mar-09 05:31 PM by Ed Morris

I modified a Stroboframe D-1 anti-twist plate so I could mount a Stroboframe Pro-T flash bracket to Really Right Stuff's L bracket for the D2 series. The D-1 anti-twist plate is large enough to fit around the L bracket, but needs a small filler to prevent twisting. This combo allows easy flipping of a D2X camera for vertical and horizontal shots when mounted on a tripod, and saves $150 for the WPF-1 which works in a very similar fashion. See images:

http://home.comcast.net/~morrised2006/jpgs/D2FB~5.jpg
http://home.comcast.net/~morrised2006/jpgs/D2FB~6.jpg

I made the filler from a small piece of aluminum angle. This would probably work with the D3 series as well, and possibly the D200, D300, and D700.

In the horizontal or landscape position, the Stroboframe's base, although larger than the RRS plate, fits into the RRS clamp. In the vertical position, the RRS L-bracket plate fits into the RRS clamp.

Ed

Alert Print | Reply | Quote | Top
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #40649 Previous topic | Next topic