nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Technical questions on using High Speed Flash Sync.

Curtis_S

US
567 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
Curtis_S Registered since 04th Jan 2005
Wed 04-Feb-09 08:34 PM

I have several SB800s and I have an SB900 on order. I would like to use these as fill flash during the day with a 400 to 600 mm telephoto. I see from the manual that I can engage a high speed sync function on my D2X and D3 that allows me to shoot above 1/250. However, the manual does not say how fast I can go.

1) What is the maximum sync speed I can use on the SB800 and SB900?
2) Is this the same for the D2X and D3?
3) Does the i-TTL still work with the high speed sync in operation?

Because I have several of the strobes I was considering banking them up to increse the reach. I see from the manual that the CLS system allows me to shoot using one as the commander and the others as slaves.

4) Can I shoot multiple strobes using the high speed sync using a bank of strobes with the CLS system?
5) Will this work with i-TTL?
6) Can I run the commander attached with an SC28 off camera shoe in high speed sync mode using a bank of strobes.

Curtis S

Good judgement comes from experience, experience comes from bad judgement.~ Mark Twain

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Technical questions on using High Speed Flash Sync.

G