Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #3885
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB28 AF assistance with F5" Previous topic | Next topic
ajsphoto Registered since 23rd Jan 2003Thu 23-Jan-03 03:41 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB28 AF assistance with F5"

Is there any way to use the auto focus light on the SB28 other than in the center zone of the focusing grid. When I change the focus sensor to the sides, the auto focus light doesn't come on. Also, how can the auto focus light be used when the F5 is set to the contunious focusing.

Thanks in advance,

Allen

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JMWarren Registered since 24th Jun 2002Fri 24-Jan-03 01:45 AM
165 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB28 AF assistance with F5"
In response to Reply # 0

Mississauga/London, CA

I don't know of anyway to accomplish this other than duct tape and a flashlight.....seriously, someone else might know of some sort of hack through the PC connection...

Mike Warren

Mike Warren

vfnewman Gold Member Awarded for his multiple contributions to Resources Charter MemberFri 24-Jan-03 01:26 PM
4323 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB28 AF assistance with F5"
In response to Reply # 0

Forest, US

I am quite sure that the users manuals for the SB-28 and F5 state that AF assist will ONLY work with the focus area in the center and in single-servo mode.

Victor Newman

My Nikonians Gallery

www.nikonians.org - Worldwide Home for Nikon Photographers

Nikon_Freak Basic MemberFri 24-Jan-03 05:16 PM
1846 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profileClick to send message via AOL IM
#3. "RE: SB28 AF assistance with F5"
In response to Reply # 0

Mt. Juliet, US

Check my post to your same question in the F5 forum. Not to be a jerk but the moderators and the Admins will tell you the same there is no need to post the same question in multiple forum's.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #3885 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.