Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #38165
View in linear mode

Subject: "wireless flash photography" Previous topic | Next topic
abuyck Registered since 23rd Jul 2002Wed 07-Jan-09 01:44 PM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"wireless flash photography"

Binghamton, US

I have just begun exploring Nikon's CLs wireless system and have used my popup on my D300 as the commander with my SB-600 flash. I would like to expand my distance capability. Will a SU-800 commander unit provide greater wireless distance ?? Also, am I correct that the "Pocket Wizard" system provides long range but not TTL capability?? Thank you for any help.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

gkaiseril Gold Member Nikonian since 28th Oct 2005Wed 07-Jan-09 02:46 PM
6739 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: wireless flash photography"
In response to Reply # 0
Wed 07-Jan-09 02:51 PM by gkaiseril

Chicago, US

The SU-800 specs say it will extend the distance, but with light control there are a number of things that can affect reciept of the signals like any object, bright lights, position of the sensor.

Pocket Wizards are manual only. But Radio Popper has an RF iTTL/eTTL solution with an RF range of 100 to 300 feet with support to FP and High Speed synch. They are also developing newer products.

George
My Nikonian Galleries

abuyck Registered since 23rd Jul 2002Wed 07-Jan-09 02:59 PM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: wireless flash photography"
In response to Reply # 1

Binghamton, US

>The SU-800 specs say it will extend the distance, but with
>light control there are a number of things that can affect
>reciept of the signals like any object, bright lights,
>position of the sensor.
>
>Pocket Wizards are manual only. But
>Radio Popper has an RF iTTL/eTTL
>solution with an RF range of 100 to 300 feet with support to
>FP and High Speed synch. They are also developing newer
>products.

Thanks George.....I will check out the Radio Popper

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #38165 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.