Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #36184
View in linear mode

Subject: "Wow: Cyber Commander preview; pre-orders for receivers ..." Previous topic | Next topic
scottnilsson Registered since 29th Oct 2007Sat 01-Nov-08 01:56 PM
26 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Wow: Cyber Commander preview; pre-orders for receivers (Paul C. Buff)"

Atlanta, US

Didn't see where else to post this (nothing for studio lighting, that I could find) - so here 'tis.

Whatever your feelings on Paul C. Buff's products (White Lightning/Alien Bees) you should check out the preview of the new Cyber Commander - pretty amazing. Pre-orders are open for the AC and battery powered receivers. Looking forward to the details on the Einsteins. Love to hear feedback on the features compared to other high-end units in use (and relative to portable controls such as these versus the on-light controls offered on other units).

Travel safely, all -

Scott Nilsson, Atlanta - PPA / NPPA

Nikon D3 D3 D300/MB-D10 200/2G-VR+TC14E-II 28/1.4 85/1.4 14-24/2.8G 24-70/2.8G 70-200/2.8G-VR 50mm/1.4 28/2.8AI-S 18-200/VR SB900(s) SB800(s) Gitzo-G1312 Cullmann Titan Magnesit35(s)/25 custom-Custom Bracket Stroboframe-ProDCRA Singh-Ray:VND/CP/HL/CI SanDisk: 8gEx4+16gEx3 CaptureNX2 CS3 DxO5 Wacom-I3 Lowepro ThinkTank

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

georgem Silver Member Nikonian since 09th Sep 2006Sun 02-Nov-08 11:44 PM
732 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Wow: Cyber Commander preview; pre-orders for receivers (Paul C. Buff)"
In response to Reply # 0

East lansing, US

Hi Scott
Thanks for the heads-up. I recieved the message a few days ago from Paul C. Buff. It sounds like every thing anyone could ever want. I'll wait till I learn more of this magic device. It seems, so far as I can tell, you need Alien-Bee, White Lighting or their other strobes to really work well. I just picked up 2 used Photogenic PL 1250s from a fellow Nikonians so I'm not in a market for any other strobes now.

Cheers

George Macaluso

jjm203z Registered since 17th Dec 2007Thu 06-Nov-08 01:31 PM
1685 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Wow: Cyber Commander preview; pre-orders for receivers (Paul C. Buff)"
In response to Reply # 0

Dupont, US

It looks like the alien bee people are trying to compete with the cls system. Forget about alien bees. learn the cls system with multible sb800's.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #36184 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.