nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

underexposure w/ speedlight?

docampo

North Fontana, US
124 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
docampo Basic Member
Mon 10-Sep-01 01:36 AM

Hi, I have a question regarding supposed "underexposure" w/ my n80 and either the pop-up speedlight or the SB-28. Whenever I use either one whether in Aperture or Shutter priority, I have to go to slowsynch just to get the electronic meter to disappear from its "underexposure" warning. This mostly happens indoors with average light. What I am wondering is , with a speedlight, shouldn't the shutter speed be ok between 60th to 125th of a second (normal flash) instead of having to go down to 30th or 40th of a second w/ slowsynch? Wouldn't the speedlight give the meter enough flash to use it at this shutter speed? I tried with some pictures following the meter's advice with slowsynch and I did some doing "normal" flash. I haven't received my prints yet but I was just hoping to get "enlightened"
BTW, the film I usually use is Fuji Superia 400 and this happened with both my 28-105 and my 50mm 1.8 (although not as much warning with the 50mm). Can anyone help?
David

David
The Fontana Nikonian (It's near Ranchoooo Cucamonga :-) )

Life is like a photo...
It's how you see it that makes the difference

"Professional photographers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs" - Murphy's Law for Photography

G