nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Lighting Setup, will SB50 help?

quietlight

23 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
quietlight Basic Member
Sat 08-Sep-01 07:22 PM

I currently use for my portrait setup an SB27 mounted on SU4 on a tripod, built-in on-camera speedlight w/diffuser that came w/SU4 and a photoflood lamp. I have been using the SB27 off to one side (about 45 degrees from camera)and the photoflood about the same but a little closer to subject to the other side. I have tried using a small Photoflex reflector panel toward the back directly across from the SB27 setup to add a little backlighting/hairlight, but it doesn't have enough "oomph". While the photos have been pretty pleasing, I'd still like a little more illumination for hairlight, etc.

Can I use the SB50 as a wireless slave (somewhere behind the subject) in this setup? If so, can you tell me what I need to mount it to a tripod or lightstand? I'll have to order everything from B&H as they're not sold locally where I live.

Thanks so much!!

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: Lighting Setup, will SB50 help?

G