Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #324
View in linear mode

Subject: "sb 28 and the coolpix 990" Previous topic | Next topic
jem59uk Basic MemberThu 06-Sep-01 08:51 AM
8 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"sb 28 and the coolpix 990"

Has anyone had experience of using an sb28 speedlight with the 990 digital camera?

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources Charter MemberThu 06-Sep-01 01:12 PM
10095 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: sb 28 and the coolpix 990"
In response to Reply # 0

Salt Lake City, US

Yes, what would you like to know? I use the 990 with an SB-28 and an SB-22s quite often for studio-style product photos.

BJ

BJ

Zenfolio gallery

Pixboy Basic MemberWed 26-Sep-01 06:01 PM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: sb 28 and the coolpix 990"
In response to Reply # 1

Hi, I don't know about jwm59uk but I desparately need your help. The SB-28 manual is such that I have to know which of seven groups (page 3) my Coolpix 990 is in, but page 3 doesn't include any of the Coolpix cameras. Can you tell me? Also, the manual (page 7) differentiates between cameras with Nikkor lenses with or without a CPU. Which of those applies to the Coolpix 990. I have put these questions to the Nikon Digital Imaging Center technical service people and they could not answer them, nor could they refer me to an appropriate other entity!?! I also put the questions to the tech at the dealer (Abes of Maine) and he referred me to the Digital Imaging Center. Great. However, he also added to my anxiety by saying that I might have to adjust the zoom on the SB-28 if I zoomed the 990 at all. I would have thought (hoped) that the camera would tell the SB-28 how much light to put out as it says on page 58 of the Coolpix 990 manual. Would certainly appreciate any help.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #324 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.