nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #31434
View in linear mode

Subject: "Why doesn't FV Lock icon show up?" Previous topic | Next topic
cvirgilio Registered since 13th May 2006Sat 03-May-08 05:37 PM
172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Why doesn't FV Lock icon show up?"

US

Hope someone can help with this. I have followed the instructions on page 81 of my D200 manual to select FV Lock for the Function Button via Custom Setting f4. Then I tried testing it out with the pop-up flash up, following the sequence instructed in the manual. It actually did seem to be working (the camera made a buzzing sound and emitted a light, the exposure looked good), but the FV Lock icons did not appear in the control panel or the viewfinder as the manual said they should. I only see the 'jagged-arrow' flash icon. No "LOCK" or "L". I tried both center-weighted and matrix metering even though I couldn't imagine why that would matter, just couldn't think of anything else.
Does anyone know why the LOCK icon wouldn't show up?

Thank you,
Colleen

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

Wayne Registered since 05th Nov 2005Sat 03-May-08 07:04 PM
937 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Why doesn't FV Lock icon show up?"
In response to Reply # 0
Sat 03-May-08 07:07 PM by Wayne

US

I am reaching and assuming, but there are the two symbols. The jagged symbol on the right of viewfinder is Flash Ready, and the L for Lock is on far left. See 18 and also 19 on page 6. I hope that is all it is.

cvirgilio Registered since 13th May 2006Sat 03-May-08 07:36 PM
172 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Why doesn't FV Lock icon show up?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I'll check for the L symbol on the far left and report back. The manual showed them together on p.81 so I assumed . . .
I'll check p.6 too.

Thanks!
Colleen

cvirgilio Registered since 13th May 2006Sun 04-May-08 03:49 PM
#3. "RE: Why doesn't FV Lock icon show up?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

Aha, I found it! Thanks Wayne, you were right, the lock symbol is off to the left. Not to mention it is very, very small - at least to my eyes

Thanks again,
Colleen

Wayne Registered since 05th Nov 2005Sun 04-May-08 05:15 PM
937 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Why doesn't FV Lock icon show up?"
In response to Reply # 3

US

Great! I thought so, because I remember that I have "been there, done that" myself before. Yes, it is small, but it becomes obvious enough, after we realize what we are watching for.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #31434 Previous topic | Next topic