Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #287
View in linear mode

Subject: "grey market SB-28?" Previous topic | Next topic
docampo Basic MemberTue 28-Aug-01 01:41 AM
124 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"grey market SB-28?"

North Fontana, US

Hi all, I am planning to purchase a SB-28 for my N80. The purchase will be from B & H. I noticed there is about a $30.00 difference from the USA version to the Grey market version. I understand the differences between the two (there is none).
However, has anyone ever had a bad experience buying a grey market Nikon flash and ever wished they had bought the "real deal"?
David.
p.s. the purchase will be real soon so any thoughts will be most appreciated.

David
The Fontana Nikonian (It's near Ranchoooo Cucamonga )

Life is like a photo...
It's how you see it that makes the difference

"Professional photographers are predictable; the world is full of dangerous amateurs" - Murphy's Law for Photography

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

avitar Tue 28-Aug-01 11:17 AM

#1. "RE: grey market SB-28?"
In response to Reply # 0

I just bought the US version. For the extra $30 I didn't want to kick myself if something went wrong. I know I will have this piece of equipment for a long time so the extra $ will not matter over the long period of time. I also have the N80 which I also bought at B&H and I bought the SU-4 .. If I could only learn how to use them better.

jnscbl Basic MemberTue 28-Aug-01 03:24 PM
3601 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: grey market SB-28?"
In response to Reply # 1

US

The grey market SB28 is as good compared to the "real deal" as a California "burgundy" or "chianti" is compared to a real Burgundy or Chianti.---scott

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

avm247 Moderator Awarded for high skills in documentary architecture and aviation photography Charter MemberTue 28-Aug-01 06:31 PM
18361 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: grey market SB-28?"
In response to Reply # 0

Rancho Cordova, US

USA versions of the sb-28 use a different (for lack of a better word) plug when using an external battery pack.

Congratulations on your purchase! I love my sb-28 and su-4, too.

Anthony

Anthony

The Moderator Page and My Gallery
The important things in life are simple; the simple things are hard.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #287 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.