nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need help with SB28 and SU-4

Mon 27-Aug-01 04:30 PM

I just bought a SB28 and a SU-4 and would like to have the built in flash of the N80 activate the SB28.
First time out it didnt work well at all. All the pictures were badly over-exposed. I had the SB28 to the side and a bit forward of the N80(which was on a tripod) trying to get some great family pictures (with me in them too, shot in timer mode). The strange thing is I spot metered someones face and still the TTL did not work well at all. The *beep* from the SU-4 only went off once which I beleive indicated that it did not fire at full power, so why was everyone so badly blown out? I also used the SB28 on-camera and those shots turned out correctly exposed (but had the shadows that I wanted to avoid by getting the flash off-camera)
I had the SB28 set to TTL, was shooting Fuji Superia 400 with a 50mm 1.8f lens at 1/60 and 1/90sec, cannot remember the fStop
Please help.

G