nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Need help with SB28 and SU-4

Mon 27-Aug-01 04:30 PM

I just bought a SB28 and a SU-4 and would like to have the built in flash of the N80 activate the SB28.
First time out it didnt work well at all. All the pictures were badly over-exposed. I had the SB28 to the side and a bit forward of the N80(which was on a tripod) trying to get some great family pictures (with me in them too, shot in timer mode). The strange thing is I spot metered someones face and still the TTL did not work well at all. The *beep* from the SU-4 only went off once which I beleive indicated that it did not fire at full power, so why was everyone so badly blown out? I also used the SB28 on-camera and those shots turned out correctly exposed (but had the shadows that I wanted to avoid by getting the flash off-camera)
I had the SB28 set to TTL, was shooting Fuji Superia 400 with a 50mm 1.8f lens at 1/60 and 1/90sec, cannot remember the fStop
Please help.

G