Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #27889
View in linear mode

Subject: "Cool discovery regarding SU-800 & SB-26!" Previous topic | Next topic
Abouna Registered since 30th Jul 2004Mon 31-Dec-07 02:17 AM
246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Cool discovery regarding SU-800 & SB-26!"

US

This is probably old news but....

I was shooting dome product shots yesterday and discovered my SB-26s will fire in slave mode with my SU-800, note that's the SU-800, not the SB so it's not firing from optical slave. It must pick up IR signals. No controls of course, all manual, but still pretty neat.

-----
FJ
www.benchcrafted.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

wailingtoad Registered since 28th Oct 2005Mon 31-Dec-07 06:59 PM
1202 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Cool discovery regarding SU-800 & SB-26!"
In response to Reply # 0

US

When you say 'slave mode', do you mean connected via a PC or TTL cable? Or using SU-4 mode? If the latter, have you actually tried taking pictures using the SB-26s? I suspect they are firing during the preflashes and not during the actual exposure.

If the SU-800 has PC and/or TTL terminals then you can connect a SB-26 with a cable and have it fire during the exposure (I've done this using my SB-800 and SB-28); although, it will not fire during the preflashes; so, the camera meter will not take into account the flash output of the SB-26s when calculating exposure.

Jon D.
My Nikonians Gallery

Jon Davis
My Nikonians Gallery
My Flickr Gallery
My Epson R2880 Tips & Tricks blog

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #27889 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.