nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #27621
View in linear mode

Subject: "Missing serial number on SB-800 warranty card" Previous topic | Next topic
Yogi Basic MemberWed 19-Dec-07 04:41 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Missing serial number on SB-800 warranty card"

West Hills, US

I purchased a USA warranty SB-800 from B&H two days ago. It came with all the original paperwork. The 3-page warranty leaflet just has the word "SB-800" printed in the top left hand corner, but the location that should have the product serial number printed is blank. I am concerned whether this is a legitimate USA warranty item, or gray market. All my other Nikon USA products always had the serial number printed on the warranty card. Did anybody else experience this?

Thanks & regards,

Yogi.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

KazooTom Registered since 15th Dec 2007Wed 19-Dec-07 11:12 PM
191 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Missing serial number on SB-800 warranty card"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I think you may be referring to the 3 part warranty service form. I just purchased an SB600 and noticed the same thing. The form only shows SB-600 on the top left with no serial number. Rather than send in the warranty registration form, I registered mine on line. I don't think it will be a problem for you. The dealer I purchased from only sells USA Nikon products so I feel pretty safe there. I am sincerely hoping I never have to use the warranty service form.

Michigan Nikonian

Jeromy Registered since 03rd Dec 2007Wed 19-Dec-07 11:14 PM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Missing serial number on SB-800 warranty card"
In response to Reply # 0

Herriman, US

Mine is the same way and I bought it at a local camera store in Utah. I did the online registration and it worked. No warning that it was an import or anything.

Jeromy

Yogi Basic MemberThu 20-Dec-07 05:19 PM
43 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Missing serial number on SB-800 warranty card"
In response to Reply # 2

West Hills, US

Thanks for checking it out guys. I also questioned Nikon about this and their reply was:

"Thanks for the email. Not to worry, some of the warranty cards don't have the serial number printed on them. Just make sure to keep your original proof-of-purchase in case you need service."

One would think if this is such a rampant problem, and they are aware of it, nobody in Nikon cares to fix it. Oh well...

Regards,

Yogi.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #27621 Previous topic | Next topic