Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #26359
View in linear mode

Subject: "SC-28/29 & SB-400 & D40X" Previous topic | Next topic
abcomputin Registered since 14th Oct 2007Tue 16-Oct-07 12:21 AM
9 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SC-28/29 & SB-400 & D40X"

US

Is the subject combination a workable combination? I've searched and found nothing definitive.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

edmun Registered since 16th Sep 2003Tue 16-Oct-07 04:52 AM
8618 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SC-28/29 & SB-400 & D40X"
In response to Reply # 0

eugene, US

Your problem.

Nikon does not update compatibility charts ever (well almost)

These cords are just straight though wire cords and do nothing as they are extensions.

The SC - 29 adds a focus light.

If you can find nothing then they are working -- if they did not work you would find 1 million -- why is my etc not working.

but buy the cords form where you can send them back or from where you can try them - just in case.

B&H lists the SC 29 as an accessory

ledmun

janlej Silver Member Nikonian since 27th Feb 2004Thu 18-Oct-07 04:05 PM
100 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SC-28/29 & SB-400 & D40X"
In response to Reply # 0

Brugge, BE

The combination works ok, but the AF assist light on the SC-29 does not function with SB-400, which lacks the necessary contacts (only SB-600 and 800 have them). So in combination with the SB-400 there is no functional difference between SC-28 and SC-29.

Jan L.
Brugge - Belgium

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #26359 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.