nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I bought the SB50 but just returned it

Tue 21-Aug-01 09:30 PM

I was really impressed with the size, (lack of) weight, features (especially the built in wireless TTL), but after shooting a few rolls, my impression was that it might not be powerful enough. This past weekend we had a party for my wife's birthday, and many of the group shots taken (with 400 NPH) I feel were not well lit. The shots were taken with my N80, a 50mm 1.8 and are a bit dark. I am sure my inexperience had something to do with it, prolly should have done some exposure compensation (people against a dark backround (night) but wouldn't I have set it to a -1EV for that? Would that have helped?

I figured for the extra $100 I would have the best speedlight for many years to come. I plan on adding the SU-4 very soon.

This was also posted in the N80 forum.

I am not in any way knocking this unit, I am sure it will be great for many people. I posted this because I wished I had read some posts on this unit before purchasing it. I does work great with the N80.

Subject
ID
Reply message RE: I bought the SB50 but just returned it

G