nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

I bought the SB50 but just returned it

Tue 21-Aug-01 09:30 PM

I was really impressed with the size, (lack of) weight, features (especially the built in wireless TTL), but after shooting a few rolls, my impression was that it might not be powerful enough. This past weekend we had a party for my wife's birthday, and many of the group shots taken (with 400 NPH) I feel were not well lit. The shots were taken with my N80, a 50mm 1.8 and are a bit dark. I am sure my inexperience had something to do with it, prolly should have done some exposure compensation (people against a dark backround (night) but wouldn't I have set it to a -1EV for that? Would that have helped?

I figured for the extra $100 I would have the best speedlight for many years to come. I plan on adding the SU-4 very soon.

This was also posted in the N80 forum.

I am not in any way knocking this unit, I am sure it will be great for many people. I posted this because I wished I had read some posts on this unit before purchasing it. I does work great with the N80.

Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: I bought the SB50 but just returned it meerkat
22nd Aug 2001
Reply message RE: I bought the SB50 but just returned it avitar
22nd Aug 2001
22nd Aug 2001
          Reply message RE: I bought the SB50 but just returned it BJNicholls Gold Member Awarded for his contributions to the community and the Resources
23rd Aug 2001
23rd Aug 2001

G