nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #25664
View in linear mode

Subject: "Controlling flash via CLS" Previous topic | Next topic
akpark Basic MemberSun 16-Sep-07 08:36 PM
82 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Controlling flash via CLS"

Hi,

I have Nikon D70s, and have SB-600. I've been reading the forum and various websites, but was unable to find the answer.

When you use the flash off the camera via the wireless mode, how do you adjust the flash amount? People say, that they use the wireless and had the flash at full power, 1/4 power, etc. How can you change that? I can't get to manual power when I am on wireless mode.

If the answer is you have to change settings from the camera, then when I get my second flash, and if I want to have one flash at full power and the second one at 1/4 power, how can I do that?

Andrew

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

HBB Moderator Hal is an expert in several areas, including CLS Awarded for his excellent article contributions to the Resources. Charter MemberSun 16-Sep-07 09:36 PM
8520 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Controlling flash via CLS"
In response to Reply # 0

Phoenix, US

Andrew:

I do not own a D70s, so cannot be too sure of my suggestions.

Check your D70s manual under commander mode for instructions. You should be able to set the remote SB600 in either manual mode or one of the available TTL modes from the camera. If you select manual mode, then you will be able to select M1/1 (full power) to M1/64 (six stops down), all from the camera. If you select TTL mode, the metering system will determine power needed.

The D70s can control just one group of remote speedlights and all in that group must operate identically. If you can afford another SB600 for use as a remote and an SB800 or SU800 as an on-camera master, then you can place the remotes in two different groups and set any lighting ratio you wish, TTL or manual.

Hope this helps,

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona

HBB in Phoenix, Arizona
Nikonian Team Member

Photography is a journey with no conceivable destination.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #25664 Previous topic | Next topic