Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #256
View in linear mode

Subject: "low cost speedlight seat for SB50" Previous topic | Next topic
meerkat Basic MemberMon 20-Aug-01 10:42 PM
331 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"low cost speedlight seat for SB50"

silly-can valley, US

Hello:

I have a SB50 in hand, slave flash ready.
What is the reasonable accessory I can attach
the speedlight to tripod.

I do not need SU-4 as the speedlight has builtin
slave?

As-10 seems more than I need

SC-17 I heard comes with a tripod attachment
but I'm not going to get that expensive cord.
as I was told attaching sc-17 to my N80 will
blocking me using built-in flash (cannot pop up).

Thanks in advance.

meerkat

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jrp Administrator JRP is one of the co-founders, has in-depth knowledge in various areas. Awarded for his contributions for the Resources Charter MemberTue 21-Aug-01 02:28 AM
34662 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: low cost speedlight seat for SB50"
In response to Reply # 0

San Pedro Garza García, MX

If you want your SB-50DX to act as slave, trigered by the built-in flash, you can mount the flash anywhere. There are many inexpensive shoes that can be screwed into a minitripod without a need for any connection. Just check if the default settings on the flash need to be changed for your shooting conditions when you turn it on.
Have a great time
JRP (Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) My profile
Previous photographic journey, before Nikonians: A Brief Love Story

Have a great time
JRP (Founder & Administrator. Nikonian at the north-eastern Mexican desert) Gallery, Brief Love Story, The Team
Join the Silver, Gold and Platinum members that help this happen; upgrade. Join your personal web site to the Nikonians WebRing
Make sure you check our workshops at The Nikonians Academy and the product catalog of the Photo Pro Shop

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #256 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.