Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #24708
View in linear mode

Subject: "Help with Vivitar 550FD" Previous topic | Next topic
Abouna Registered since 30th Jul 2004Tue 31-Jul-07 02:20 PM
246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Help with Vivitar 550FD"

US

Does anyone know if I can trigger this off camera somehow? I'm using my D70s as commander with two SB-600s and would like to use the Vivitar 550FD as a third fill light, I don't need control just trigger.

-----
FJ
www.benchcrafted.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

JM Registered since 01st Mar 2007Tue 31-Jul-07 11:11 PM
2468 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Help with Vivitar 550FD"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Don't overthink it. All ya need is a peanut slave (or equivalent) to give ya a optical trigger to the slaved flash.
You'r the one that spec'ed no control just trigger, so go low...low cost, low tech, low work...just be sure it's pointed at any flash that is going off and shoot.
Gosh I love the easy ones.

JM
The Chicagoan Nikonian

http://www.centralcamera.com/xcart/home.php?cat=670&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=2

JM
The Chicagoan

Abouna Registered since 30th Jul 2004Wed 01-Aug-07 01:33 AM
246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Help with Vivitar 550FD"
In response to Reply # 1

US

>Don't overthink it. All ya need is a peanut slave (or
>equivalent) to give ya a optical trigger to the slaved
>flash.
>You'r the one that spec'ed no control just trigger, so go
>low...low cost, low tech, low work...just be sure it's
>pointed at any flash that is going off and shoot.
>Gosh I love the easy ones.
>
>JM
>The Chicagoan Nikonian
>
>http://www.centralcamera.com/xcart/home.php?cat=670&sort=orderby&sort_direction=0&page=2

Exactly what I was thinking but.............I'm bit concerned over the pre-flashes. I wondering if they we prematurely trigger the slave?

-----
FJ
www.benchcrafted.com

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #24708 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.