Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #24318
View in linear mode

Subject: "SB-50 DX Compability" Previous topic | Next topic
abw1931 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th May 2003Tue 10-Jul-07 07:48 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"SB-50 DX Compability"

Albany, US

abw_retired
Can anyone tell me whether or not there are any Coolpix models that will function with a SB-50 DX flash which is set in the slave mode? Thanks! - ABW1931

abw_retired

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

mythrenegade Basic MemberWed 11-Jul-07 04:40 AM
1848 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: SB-50 DX Compability"
In response to Reply # 0

Oak Hills, US

Here is a chart from Nikon explaining the compatibility of flashes with the coolpix family:

http://tinyurl.com/ayp93

Joel

Nikonian in the High Desert of Southern California.

The Manzanar Project: http://www.renewingmind.com/photography/manzanar/manzanar.html

Check out my blog: http://transformingrenewal.blogspot.com

abw1931 Silver Member Nikonian since 07th May 2003Mon 16-Jul-07 03:53 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: SB-50 DX Compability"
In response to Reply # 1

Albany, US

abw_retired
Thanks Joel. I looked at the link you posted and they list several Coolpix models that will function with the SB-50DX which I assume means that one can use the SB-50DX as a slave flash and have the oncamera flash trigger it. Should be an interesting way to go for some better quality point and shoot flash pics.

Incidentally, I looked at some of your images. Nice. I particularly liked the Infrared shots, especially the one of woman and children under the trees. Also like the Death Valley landscape shot of the valley floor covered with yellow flowers. Amazing to think that's Death Valley. Appreciate your response. - abw_retired

abw_retired

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #24318 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.