Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #23721
View in linear mode

Subject: "Impact vs Alzo Umbrella mount" Previous topic | Next topic
Abouna Registered since 30th Jul 2004Tue 12-Jun-07 03:16 PM
246 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Impact vs Alzo Umbrella mount"

US

Anyone try both of these? The Impacts are cheap at $14 ea., while the Alzo looks sturdier but is $22 ea.

Is it worth the difference?

-----
FJ
www.benchcrafted.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

fuimus Registered since 17th Jan 2007Tue 12-Jun-07 03:39 PM
95 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Impact vs Alzo Umbrella mount"
In response to Reply # 0

US

Are you referring to this:
http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/298709-REG/Impact_3117_Umbrella_Bracket.html/BI/4775/KBID/5289/

I bought one similar if not the same. If you look further at these on bhphoto they look like it's made by the same manufacturer. I;ve only have had it a couple of weeks but it works fine. For $14 it's a steal.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Gerry M Registered since 24th Oct 2004Sat 16-Jun-07 06:31 PM
310 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Impact vs Alzo Umbrella mount"
In response to Reply # 1

US

I bought the Impact, it works fine. I'm not sure if I would buy it today, but I'm not out there replacing them either. The one minor quibble I have with it is that one of nobs limits the angle you can tilt the umbrella. If you don't replace the cold shoe you should put a piece of electrical tape on it's base.

The one sold by Impact is also sold under other names. There are multiple variations out there for this type of bracket. None are very expensive. Find one you think you like and go with it. If you search B&H for the terms "Umbrella Adapter" and "Umbrella Bracket" you will see many of the choices (Eleven different companies, several showing the same bracket). These aren't the only ones, but it gives you an idea of what is out there.
--Gerry

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #23721 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.