nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |
Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #2356
View in linear mode

Subject: "Should I go for an SB-80DX on ebay? Or B&H?" Previous topic | Next topic
zucchini Registered since 04th Mar 2002Mon 22-Jul-02 11:07 PM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Should I go for an SB-80DX on ebay? Or B&H?"

San Francisco, US

Hey guys,

I was preparing to buy an imported SB-80 for $320 at B&H when I found this deal, for a used, imported SB-28, for $200 (with box and manuals). I probably wouldn't use wireless slave anytime soon. Should I jump for this deal?

Thanks,
Jason

Jason
-------
"Film is cheap, opportunity is priceless."

Jason <><
-------
http://me.jasonkuo.com

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Is $200 for a half year old SB-28 good?
mazdaprofour
23rd Jul 2002
zucchini
25th Jul 2002
SolaresLarrave
31st Jul 2002
zucchini
31st Jul 2002
Sewman
03rd Aug 2002

mazdaprofour Registered since 28th Apr 2002Tue 23-Jul-02 01:16 AM
380 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Is $200 for a half year old SB-28 good?"
In response to Reply # 0

ATLANTA, US

I think that I have seen a few sb28's on the web for around 250.00 new. Not sure where but I think you may be able to find some if you search enough. I own a sb28 and wish that I now had wireless flash. The sb80dx also works on digital cameras so it is a great investment if you ever go digital. Save up and get a sb80dx....well worth it.

"a photo is worth a thousand words but a Nikon is priceless"

zucchini Registered since 04th Mar 2002Thu 25-Jul-02 08:55 PM
231 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Is $200 for a half year old SB-28 good?"
In response to Reply # 1

San Francisco, US

Hmm, okay. I've been thinking about it more and reading posts on the SB-80, and it seems like it might be worth the investment for wireless slave, digital capability, and the metal foot/locking mechanism.

So here's my next question:

I've seen a bunch of SB-80's on eBay for around $294 with the "Buy it Now" option. I emailed one of them, "hotdigital" (affiliated with digitalfotoclub.com) and they told me it is a USA version with the 1-year warranty. These guys have no negative feedback. Should I trust this info, or should I just go with trusty B&H?

Thanks!

Jason
-------

Jason <><
-------

SolaresLarrave Basic MemberWed 31-Jul-02 05:25 AM
472 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Is $200 for a half year old SB-28 good?"
In response to Reply # 2

DeKalb, US

Jason, in addition to their feedback you can check them out in www.photo.net. Part of the Community section includes a forum with references and experiences from photo.net members about different merchants and mail order businesses. If they're there, fairly well recommended (hey, even B&H can make mistakes!), go for it. In fact, at this price, the transaction is VERY right

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Francisco
Recovering Nikonian in Illinois
My Nikon D700 Blog

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

zucchini Registered since 04th Mar 2002Wed 31-Jul-02 11:40 PM
#4. "RE: Is $200 for a half year old SB-28 good?"
In response to Reply # 3

San Francisco, US

Thanks for the info.

Well, whaddya know, I went back to ebay and checked on the item, and now in the description it says "Imported with Our 1-year warranty". Hmph, I guess if I'm gonna get imported, might as well order it with my film n' stuff too.

Thanks!

Jason
-------

Jason <><
-------

Sewman Registered since 03rd Aug 2002Sat 03-Aug-02 10:48 AM
62 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Is $200 for a half year old SB-28 good?"
In response to Reply # 4

Toledo, US

I just bought an imported SB-80DX from Smile photo for $289.00
along w/a few other items & their prices seem to be low.
FWIW,
Bob

My dog runs for cover when he sees the gun in my hand!
The SB80!!

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #2356 Previous topic | Next topic