nikonians

Even though we ARE Nikon lovers,we are NOT affiliated with Nikon Corp. in any way.

| |

Home Forums Articles Galleries News Workshops Shop Recommended
members
All members Wiki Contests Vouchers Apps Newsletter THE NIKONIAN™ Magazines Podcasts Fundraising

Using 2 speedlights: sb800 & off camera sb600

diegonyc

1 posts

Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this author
diegonyc Registered since 31st Oct 2006
Tue 29-May-07 06:06 AM

Hey guys,

Here's my dilemma... I want to get into off-camera flash photography and my biggest issue with the d80 and my sb600 is that when in commander mode, i have a hard time AFing undew low-light conditions. I have the option to enable the AF assist light on the d80 but it's a very harsh light. I really do not like it at all.
I know my options are to either buy the sc-29, which has it's own red AF assist beam which is easier on the eyes for my subjects or there is the SU-800 which is the same thing but wireless for 3 times the amount of money. If im going to spend that much for wireless, i might as well get another speedlight (sb-800).
Now my question is, if I do get the SB800 speedlight and use that on camera as a master and use the sb600 as slave, will the sb-800 still fire a flash in order to communicate with the slave? im trying to avoid another pre-flash from firing from the camera. all i want is the red beam to help me AF easier under low light conditions. the sc-29 will help me do that but it's not wireless.
i hope i didn't confuse u guys...
any help would be appreciated!

-Diego

G