Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #23356
View in linear mode

Subject: "Inflatable Flash Diffusers" Previous topic | Next topic
whitey_ro Registered since 22nd Feb 2006Sun 20-May-07 05:12 AM
2 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Inflatable Flash Diffusers"

Bucharest, RO

Do any of you guys have experience with one of those ?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Inflatable-Flash-Diffuser-for-Nikon-AF-SB-800-SB-600_W0QQitemZ170113336134QQihZ007QQcategoryZ64354QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I think one might get pretty handy (ok, maybe a bit funny) since it has a reasonably large area of diffusion .

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic
Subject Author Message Date ID
Reply message RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers
Cope
22nd May 2007
Walker66
29th May 2007
adrianaitken
30th May 2007
Kiron Kid
01st Jun 2007
stefaniemaire
01st Jun 2007
Kiron Kid
01st Jun 2007
the jedi master
04th Jun 2007
KliftonJK
05th Jun 2007

Cope Registered since 31st Mar 2007Tue 22-May-07 11:33 AM
205 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I bought a set of them over 25 years ago, a diffuser and bounce unit. They have never been used, but I don't know why they wouldn't do the job. My favorite is the Demb Flip-it, but so far, the diffuser that came with my SB-800 has worked fine.

http://www.dembflashproducts.com/

Walker66 Registered since 05th Nov 2005Tue 29-May-07 06:34 AM
103 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers"
In response to Reply # 0

Siuntio, FI

I would recommend the LumiQuest Softbox LQ-925D. It's collapible and take wery little space in your bag as it stores flat. The attatchment to the flashgun is done by velcro or if you dont want to glue the velcro strips to the flash you may just use a rubberband.

Tom

Tom
http://www.nikonians-images.com/galleries/showgallery.php?cat=500&ppuser=80314
NPU Member

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

Visit my Nikonians gallery.

adrianaitken Registered since 19th Mar 2004Wed 30-May-07 01:52 PM
941 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#3. "RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers"
In response to Reply # 0

GB

I've brought a couple but find that the SB-800's free diffuser is just as good. Shooting directly at people still showed a shadow (had hoped that it would magically disappear using this). Plus you have to blow them up !!!

Regards
Adrian

Kiron Kid Registered since 21st Sep 2006Fri 01-Jun-07 03:18 AM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#4. "RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers"
In response to Reply # 3

UM

I agree with COPE. I'm quite pleased with my Demb Diffuser ( http://www.dembflashproducts.com/diffuser/ ). And I've tried many different products. It outperforms them all.

Kiron Kid

Kiron Kid

"A photograph that mirrors reality, cannot compare to one that reflects the spirit"

stefaniemaire Registered since 23rd May 2007Fri 01-Jun-07 06:35 PM
7 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#5. "RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers"
In response to Reply # 4

argos, US

I was thinking of getting this same kind of diffuser (inflatable) and I have a sb-28 Is this a good idea, or is it the same way with the sb-28?

Kiron Kid Registered since 21st Sep 2006Fri 01-Jun-07 11:32 PM
234 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#6. "RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers"
In response to Reply # 5

UM

The inflatable units are known for developing air leaks quite rapidly, and their softening-diffusion properties are inferior to bounce devices. Been there, done that.

Kiron Kid

Kiron Kid

"A photograph that mirrors reality, cannot compare to one that reflects the spirit"

the jedi master Registered since 28th Aug 2006Mon 04-Jun-07 08:23 PM
1619 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#7. "RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers"
In response to Reply # 0

US

I have 2 I bought from Photoflex...works fine and does soften the light...I use a piece of paper in front of the l=flash fresnel lens to diffuse the light even more..problem is in weddings I shoot it brings to much attention which is a problem for my style of shooting.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/THEJEDIMASTER

http://www.flickr.com/photos/THEJEDIMASTER

KliftonJK Basic MemberTue 05-Jun-07 02:01 PM
432 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#8. "RE: Inflatable Flash Diffusers"
In response to Reply # 7

US

Another vote for the Demb.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #23356 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.