Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #215
View in linear mode

Subject: "what flash?" Previous topic | Next topic
championdlam Basic MemberThu 09-Aug-01 03:51 AM
4 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"what flash?"

just bought a n80, need a flash, looking at a sigma ef 500 super, nikon sb28 or sunpak 5000. any opinion. should i buy the sigma at about 180 with a higher guide number, or should i stick with the sb28 at >300? please shed some light. thanks

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

jnscbl Basic MemberThu 09-Aug-01 12:11 PM
3601 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: what flash?"
In response to Reply # 0

US

There are two ways to go about this. One, search out a lower price aftermarket equivalent of the OEM's top-of-the-line, along with some reassurance that this is prudent; or Two, make a list of the features that you need and find the best value that meets your needs. If you are doing Number One, you may as well get the SB28, as it's not much more if you get a grey market version mail order. If you are doing a Number Two (which is better than it sounds) why not share your needs with the class for more meaningful discussion?---scott

--scott

"I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it."
Pablo Picasso

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #215 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.