Go to a  "printer friendly" view of this message which allow an easy print Printer-friendly copy Go to the page which allows you to send this topic link and a message to a friend Email this topic to a friend
Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #19585
View in linear mode

Subject: "Zoom mode on SB-600" Previous topic | Next topic
Girevik Registered since 13th Nov 2006Sun 24-Dec-06 10:14 PM
31 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
"Zoom mode on SB-600"

Columbus, US

My SB-600 somehow got into manual zoom mode, and I can't get it back into auto. I've seen two things in the manual: press the "Zoom" button until it goes back into auto mode (tried this, and it never goes back) or to go into custom settings and change it. When I set it on "on" in the custom settings, the "M" over the zoom blinks. When I sett it "off" the "M" is solid. In either case zoom number does not adust as I zoom the lens. What am I missing? How do I get the flash back into auto zoom mode?

--- EDIT ---

Never mind - I took the flash off the camera and pit it back on and now it seems to be working. It must've worked loose or something before.

Alert Printer-friendly copy | Reply | Reply with quote | Top

Replies to this topic

bigmak Registered since 21st Mar 2006Tue 26-Dec-06 08:40 PM
1 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#1. "RE: Zoom mode on SB-600"
In response to Reply # 0

I know you fixed your issue, but the same thing happened to me. Took me a couple minutes to figure it out.

Here is what I figured out that I did and how I remedied it:
-Camera and flash on
-Slid out the 14mm focal length diffuser
-Shut camera off
-Slid the 14mm focal length diffuser back in

When I turned the camera on again, it was stuck at 14mm as it thought that the diffuser was still out. Just pull the diffuser out again, put it back in, and you're golden.

CapeMA Registered since 01st Apr 2011Mon 04-Apr-11 12:34 AM
3 posts Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share on Linkedin    Click to send email to this author Click to send private message to this authorClick to view this author's profile
#2. "RE: Zoom mode on SB-600"
In response to Reply # 1

US

14mm focal length for a diffuser?

I noticed the same thing when I used my SB600 and didn't understand why it was saying 14. now I understand, i think.

So it will diffuse the light to the Maximum amount by sending the light out at the widest angle, right?

The only problem is, I think it adds more glare when used at 20 feet or more.

Forums Lobby MASTER YOUR TOOLS - Hardware & Software Nikon Speedlights & Lighting topic #19585 Previous topic | Next topic

Take the Nikonians Tour and learn more about being a Nikonian Wiki /FAQ /Help Listen to our MP3 photography radio channels Find anything on Nikon and imaging technology - fast!

Copyright © Nikonians 2000, 2014
All Rights Reserved

Nikonians®, NikoScope® and NikoniansAcademy™ are trademarks owned by Nikonians.org.
Nikon®, Nikonos® and Nikkor® are registered trademarks of Nikon Corporation.